The Big Bang Theory这部杀G神剧想必大家都不陌生。剧中四个“书呆子”出口成章，用GRE单词拐着弯地夸人损人，一本正经的高级装x。
- Penny: You know, I do like the one where Lois Lane falls from the helicopter and Superman swooshes down and catches her. Which one was that?
- Leonard , Sheldon , Wolowitz: *One.*
- Sheldon: You know that scene was rife with scientific inaccuracy?
- Penny: Yes, I know men can't fly...
In stark contrast to his later (i) ____, Simpson was largely (ii) _____ politics during his college years, despite the fact that campus he attended was rife with political activity.
D. devoted to
E. indifferent to
F. shaped by
解析：despite告诉我们逗号前后语意重复，先从第2个空格下手，rife作为GRE的基础性词汇，意思是普遍的，句意为“尽管Simpson之前参加了太多政治活动，他仍然对政治漠不关心”，选E。回来看第1空，in contrast to 表明前后句意相反，逗号后强调漠不关心，逗号前则应该是“热情”，选A。
- Sheldon: Sarcasm?
- Leonard: You think?
- Sheldon: Granted, my methods may have been somewhat unorthodox, but I think the end result will be a measurable enhancement of Penny’s quality of life.
- Leonard: You know what, you’ve convinced me, maybe tonight we should sneak in and shampoo her carpet.
Although some of her fellow scientists_____the unorthodox laboratory methodology that others found innovative, unanimous praise greeted her experimental results: at once pioneering and_____.
- Leonard : I didn't like the look of the guy that she was with.
- Wolowitz : Because he looks better than you?
- Leonard : Yeah. He was kind of dreamy.
- Sheldon : Well, at least now you can retrieve the black box from the twisted smoldering wreckage that was once your fantasy of dating her and analyze the data so that you don't crash into geek mountain again.
Animals that have tasted unpalatable plants tend to______them afterward on the basis of their most conspicuous features, such as their flowers.
- Leonard: Oooaw. This would be so much easier if I were a violent sociopath. (Opening door) What?
- Sheldon: I was analysing our lie, and I believe we’re in danger of Penny seeing through the ruse.
Although Simpson was ingenious at ------- to appear innovative and spontaneous, beneath the ruse he remained uninspired and rigid in his approach to problem-solving.
- Sheldon : You want me to use my intelligence in a tawdry competition? Would you ask Picasso to play Pictionary? Would you ask Noah Webster to play Boggle? Would you ask Jacques Cousteau to play Go Fish?
A restaurant’s menu is generally reflected in its décor; however, despite this restaurant’s ______ appearance it is pedestrian in the menu it offers.